Benling India Energy & Technology is expected to release its Aura electric high-speed scooter by the end of this year. In May 2019, Benling India Energy & Technology started operations. The company has already launched three low-speed models successfully in the last few months, including the Kriti, Falcon and Icon.
Now this company is planning to launch a new ‘ Benling Auro Scooter ‘ to provide a break-down assistant. The Aura has been certified by various government-approved certification agencies such as the International Center for Automotive Technology (ICAT), and manufacturing has already started at Benling’s Manesar, Haryana factory.
“Essentially, this system allows the scooter to travel 15-20 km with a simple push of a button in the case of a breakdown,” Bike Dekho says.
- Powered by an electric 1200W BLDC motor and 72V/40Ah lithium-ion battery detachable, the scooter will give you a range of 110-120 km on a single charge with a top speed of 60 kmph.
- The battery can be fully charged anywhere via a standard household power socket and it will take four hours to charge it to full (100%).
- It will give a ground clearance of 165 mm with a lightweight of 95 kg, which is higher than the 130-150 mm provided by other fossil-fuel and electric scooters.
- The Benling Aura is also fitted with a remote keyless device, indicating that you can click the remote button within a few yards of the scooter and start and stop the engine.
- It also includes reverse gear; an optional rear-wheel integrated locking mechanism, an anti-theft alarm, a wireless USB charging system and an integrated GPS. The Benling Aura is expected to be priced at around Rs 90,000 (ex-showroom) as per the sources.
- “A major feature of our scooter is the Breakdown Smart Assistance System (BSAS). Today, if a scooter’s electrical part experiences minimal damage, it will lead to breaking down more often. But we provide a feature that allows you to push the BSAS button and the vehicle will continue to run if there are small problems with the engine, battery, motor or BMS which can cause the scooter to stop. Only the speed will come down to 15-20 kmph, and mileage will be affected,” said Paritosh Dey, Executive Director of Benling India to The Better India.
In terms of pushbuttons, smart key, anti-theft alarms, USB charging ports, etc., their features are more or less the same as the Aura with a battery range of 70-75 km after a single charge. The difference is that the battery life, speed and BSAS of Aura are higher.
One more exciting feature of this electric scooter that deserves to mention is Smart Parking Assistant.
“When we stop our EV on the side of the street to say have a quick chat with a friend, we don’t usually stop our engine. For EVs, this has become an issue. On the touch of a smart parking assistance button, the scooter will not move forward irrespective if you press the accelerator or not,” says Dey.